Monday, July 20, 2009
Destined for a Tote Bag
This is the first element in one of Jan Stawasz's designs, and it was not until the final blocking out that I noticed that one of the clovers of a middle motif had only two rings! I left it sitting there for a couple of days, but each time I looked at it, all I could see was that two-ring clover, and I decided that I just couldn't proceed adding rows to the project, as it would continue to haunt me, and I would not be pleased with the finished result.
So I have begun the element again, carefully checking that each clover has three rings! I have decided to back the defective piece with red velvet, and investigate the best way of making a tote bag out of it, preferably covering it with acetate or
similar protective covering.