Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Spanish Doll



The dressing, tatting and assembly ot this doll has taken me twelve months.  The object of the exercise is to
show how tatting can be used to decorate an item.  I have also done a fan for her, but haven't attached it
to her hand yet.  The picture doesn't show how her dress sweeps into a short train at the back, and also
the work on the mantilla doesn't show.  I have lost count of how many metres of black lace I tatted. 
It is satisfying to be finished, but also a relief.  Now I can get on with Christmas Tatting.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! It looks like a year's worth- wow!

God's Kid said...

You did an amazing job!! She is stunning!!! :)

Kathy Niklewicz said...

What a sweet doll in traditional Spanish colors, and a LOT of tatting! I'm sure the back is dramatic, too! Outstanding work!

maryjohin said...


welcome to our shop,Our shop sells a brands of products.There have Abercrombie Milano, Hollister Espa?a, Abercrombie outlet, hollister milano .

Robert Jennifer said...

Amazing post! Thanks a lot for sharing.Sportsmans Guide coupons

Robert Jennifer said...

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.teacup kittens for sale

Robert Jennifer said...

might alternatively shift here by Santa Rosa when compared with many location such as Fremont! As well as Michigan, Kansas, the full Midwest, the actual southerly.Silver Jewellery