Tuesday, April 20, 2010
My version of the Jan Stawasz Centrepiece
It has taken a long time, and there have been many hiccups along the way. First I made a big mistake in the central hexagon, and had to start from scratch again, then I hit a brick wall mentally, because I had never done so many split rings at one time, but I managed to overcome this. Life then threw in a few curve balls in the shape of my husband's illness and other family matters, but finally...finally, it is finished. It is worked in Coats 20, given to me by a dear friend. It is a little like getting a very difficult crossword out, a sort of triumphant relief. It will probably go to my daughter, as she is the one with a beautiful big dining table.